Project Areas on Minnesota Map
Institute for Minnesota Archaeology logo From Site to Story logo

Henry Lewis Image Archive
 


Contents

Stories

Sources

Search

Credits

Links

Home

 
Image Archive:    (big thumbnails)     (medium)     (small)  
 Back to the Story          





The hamlet of St. Paul (then called Pig's Eye) was settled in 1839 at the first convenient steamboat landing downriver from Fort Snelling. Painting by Lewis, ca. 1840.



 
 


 

Sources Stories Credits Search Contents Links
Northern Headwaters Twin Cities Metro Area Red Wing Locality

From Site to Story web address
© 1999 The Institute for Minnesota Archaeology
Email us: feedback@fromsitetostory.org
Updated 29 Sep 1999